IT Technicians are responsible for implementing and maintaining all aspects of our client’s technology. This includes daily support incidents, desktop, server and network troubleshooting, hardware/software installation and upgrades, new infrastructure build outs and relocations. Technicians interface with high profile clients on a day to day basis, thus requiring the highest level of presentation, communication and professionalism.
• First and foremost, fix the problem and make the client happy
• Provide general technical support and assistance to technical and non-technical users via telephone, email, remote software, and on-site as necessary
• Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues remotely and on-site
• Repair and/or install hardware and software at clients’ locations
• Log all Appointments and Work Orders into company database
• Follow-up on all issues and visits proactively
• Act as liaison for senior staff to help them facilitate issue resolution
• Assist with any other general and/or administrative tasks that may arise (internal work such as equipment upgrades, researching issues and/or equipment, ordering hardware and software, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
• Hands-on experience with and technical knowledge of Windows 7, 8 and 10 workstations
• Hands-on experience with and technical knowledge of MAC computers (OS X)
• Very strong working knowledge of MS Office (for both Mac and PC)
• Practical hands-on experience and technical knowledge of common end-user equipment and peripherals such as printers and scanners, digital cameras, etc. (experience w/ NAS devices a plus)
• Comprehensive understanding of and experience implementing and troubleshooting (W)LANs and their associated networking equipment (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.); solid grasp of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IGMP, STP and comparable protocols)
• Strong ability for logical troubleshooting and fault diagnosis of hardware and software issues
• Ability to lift and move 50 lbs. over short distances
• Excellent customer-facing skills: telephone manner, punctuality and timekeeping are of paramount importance
• Strong communication (both verbal and written) skills; ability to relay technical knowledge clearly to both technical and non-technical people
• Resourcefulness, patience, polite assertiveness, and strong organizational skills are critical
• Team-oriented but also self-sufficient working habits
• Ability to prioritize client issues, juggle multiple tasks, and work under pressure
• Intense desire to assist users with technology so they can benefit from all it has to offer them!
Competitive base salary based on level of experience. An excellent employee benefits package including medical, dental, 401K Plan, paid vacation and holidays, and travel re-imbursement. Employees are expected to work a 40-hour work week and will be compensated with overtime when necessary Monday through Friday, with occasional rotational On Call weekend service (paid). We offer ongoing industry training. Drug and background checks will be required.